Monday, January 31, 2011

Burlap Valentine's Day Banner


*Ignore that this banner is a) grammatically incorrect (promise that was on purpose) and
b) all alone up there right now :)
I debated whether or not I would/should make and put up Valentine's Day decorations around our house since we'll be moving just a few days after. I finally decided over the weekend that I needed to for a couple really good reasons, and it won't be too much trouble to pack it all up. I made this simple Valentine's Day banner from burlap and foam letter stamps hot glued onto twine. I love how it turned out.
The burlap is really inexpensive and my foam letter stamps I used a 50% off coupon a few months back at Joann and got them for around $7 or so and have used them a couple times already. I just used good ole acrylic paint found at my local Walmart and twine I already had on had that was originally from Walmart too. I used another V-day decoration for my heart stencils and other foam hearts from Target's $1 section for the pink hearts.
Add ImageHappy Valentine's Day :)

Linking up to:
Sew Can Do
Keeping it Simple
Skip to my Lou
It's So Very Cheri
Making the World Cuter
Sumo's Sweet Stuff

*Brittney*

1 comment:

  1. That's really cute! I love it! I'm all about the thrity decor too. :-)
    -Mariesa
    http://tencowchick.com

    ReplyDelete