Friday, January 14, 2011

Felt Flower Pillow


I consider each of my readers and followers my friends, so I need you to keep a secret. I'm pretty confident my husband doesn't really read this little blog of mine, at least I hope he doesn't read this post ;)
I love my husband, really, I'm very blessed. I won't tell you all he does, you'd be jealous, then we might not be as good of friends as I hope! haha. His job in the Coast Guard makes it so he's away a fair amount, especially at night. Before I found the wonderful world of craft blogging, and before I actually started trying to re-create projects I saw, I would sit at home like a sad puppy dog every time he left for a few days at a time. ( I know, I'm pathetic, even after years of it!) When he was gone, I would watch some t.v., stuff my face with something chocolate, catch up on my family blog (failing in that dept right now!), nothing really exciting or productive...Now that I have a craft to-do list, there are always things I'm trying to find time for and I've found that days and nights that my husband isn't here, make the perfect time for projects! Now, I'm still a sad puppy dog when he leaves, but I don't sit around anymore(usually) eating bon bons(not that there's anything wrong with that) I have things to do!
This is what I did this evening: A Felt Flower Pillow, I first saw it over at The Crafting Chicks
I've never had pretty pillows on my couches, but my world has changed, it adds more than I thought it would! I'm so happy with how it turned out, I feel like making 10 more but that would be overkill. One pretty pillow for my couches down, a few more to go :) Go check out the tutorial, it's great!!
2 post in 1 day?! Man, I'm chatty!
Have a GREAT 3 day weekend!

*Brittney*

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain with jason gone all the time too. I cleaned my craft closet out today so I can be more productive. I love this pillow and have been wanting to do one but scared to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too just made my very first flower pillow and I'm addicted! thanks for the link I'm going to have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete