Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas in our home

With a week until Christmas, I finally got my house decorated! Whew! I can't believe it took me so long to get it done. I had my tree up by December 1st, but everything else was put on hold due to a crazy busy schedule. Here's a look at what I managed to do this year on my budget:

Each year I pick up tree branches from tree lots to use for decorations, and a nice added smell to the house. Add a strand or lights for a couple bucks and use what you've got.
Poinsettia from a Christmas party, Nutcracker from Goodwill.
Homemade stockings, polyfil "snow" and a couple wrapped empty boxes. ( I need some more up there!)
I moved this little nativity around so many times. This is where it is as I type, up high enough for it to not be touched by my kids (who have already broken just about every piece). I used to put this in my room as a little girl, and now this year it's in my home :) I couldn't find anything else to put on these candlesticks, and it's a little different, but I think I like it!
Some more of those tree branches (garland)
This little inlet in our dinning room is always fun to decorate.
Old window pane with my ornament wreath hung, spiced up a little with a few vinyl snowflakes.

Wooden blocks
homemade "Merry Christmas"banner
Light up snowman(or woman)
Of course, I wish I had more time this year to make more fun things, but I guess next year I'll have to start earlier! Merry Christmas :)

*Brittney*

1 comment:

  1. I can picture everything in its place, as if I were there... I especially like the little nativity, that was so special to you as a child. I feel the Christmas Spirit in your home. What a blessed family to have you as their mother:)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete