Monday, August 16, 2010

Skirt From Scraps

^My very serious model, Skylee^

Happy Monday :) Hope you all had a great weekend!
This project marks a couple "firsts" for me, sewing a piece of clothing WITHOUT a pattern, and it's also my first little skirt for my munchkin! As with any of my sewing projects, it's not perfect...but it does FIT :) I just started cutting and sewing, using fabric I already had from another failed sewing project and a pillowcase. With just some small embellishments of fabric flowers, and an elastic waistband, it ended up good enough to share. I think it's given me enough confidence to be a little more adventurous in my sewing endeavors, but still taking baby steps :) Now it's your turn!


*Brittney*

Linking up to:
Keeping it Simple
The Girl Creative
It's So Very Cheri
Between Naps on the Porch
Sew Can Do

3 comments:

  1. That is really cute!!! And where did you find your model? She is beautiful!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the skirt and I LOVE your new blog look:)

    ReplyDelete