Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Not what I pictured

I've only been crafting for the past 9 months or so, I know most craft bloggers have basically done it their whole lives. I made it a goal last fall to develop some skills, and I'm pretty happy with my progress so far. I've tried a lot of things that would have intimidated me before, yet they turn out to be the projects I'm most proud of.
Well, this is not one of them...enter, this ugly picture...
Before:

After:
The finished product was supposed to be a cute dry erase board. Not so much! I think I need to change the paper inside the frame and add embellishments? Let's hope so!

Ever had a project that DIDN'T turn out the way you envisioned it?


*Brittney*

4 comments:

  1. working on one right now! LOL! I thought I could do an easy change to my owls....turns out it wasn't so easy. Now I am trying to salvage it, and still get the look I was going for!

    as for your project, i think its darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many many MANY!!! I've been crafting since I was 8. Seriously. I've lost count how many projects have ended up with the trash! But it's all part of the learning process :)

    I think that your dry erase board is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know????
    http://kimboscrafts.blogspot.com/2010/06/gorgeous-award-and-some-cupcake-stands.html
    There is that cute fabric tree you did!!
    xoxo-Soph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittney, here is my daughter's little owl room so far. I have a lot more to do, but I posted the wall decor on my blog and linked it back to you. Thanks!

    http://brandyscrafts.blogspot.com/2010/06/adding-little-style-to-kaylees-room.html

    ReplyDelete